Last Modified: May 21st, 2018
Effective: May 25th, 2018
First, we always follow these fundamental principles:
- We try to keep the data we collect to a minimum. This philosophy is a win-win: it protects our users’ privacy and it simplifies our business processes. This has been our design principle from the beginning, and it will continue to guide our practices.
- We try to keep the personal information we collect to a minimum. For example, to analyze our site and content’s performance, we rely on anonymous or aggregate data.
- We try to make it as easy as possible to opt out of our email communications. There is an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Again, this philosophy is a win-win: we only spend resources to communicate with users who agree to receive them.
- We do not actively collect or store any sensitive information about you. We are NOT in the data collection business; we are in the business of creating world-class content and courses.
- We never sell, lease, or otherwise share your information with anyone else, except for legal compliance purposes or when necessary for our business operations.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Customer Information: When you buy a product from our site, enroll in a course, or purchase a service, we collect the personal information you provide us such as your name and email address. This enables us to fulfill your purchases and provide customer support. When you provide us this information, you are consenting to allow us to fulfill the order, inform you about product updates, and provide support and content that enhances the quality of the product.
Email Marketing: When you provide your email address in a form on our site, you consent to allow us to email you about new content on the site, new products, or exclusive offers on existing products. You may withdraw your consent at any time by simply clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email.
Testimonials: If you provide us with an explicit testimonial, you give us your consent for the use of your name and the Service to be displayed on our Site, or in our other marketing materials, together with the content of the testimonial that you provide.
WHERE INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
The Company is based in the United States. In order to provide the Services to you, we must transfer your data to the U.S. for processing. By using our Site or Services, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. or other countries, no matter where you are located.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. Also, if our site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that they may continue to sell and support our products and services.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Links: When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our payment processor is hosted and managed by Stripe, an enterprise-grade merchant solution. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Stripe’s data storage, databases and the general Stripe application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS
Your local laws, such as GDPR laws in the European Economic Area, may permit you to request that we:
- Correct or amend any information we store about you;
- Delete certain information we store about you;
- Prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing; or
- Provide a copy of certain information we store about you.
To make any of the above requests, please contact us at support (at) elitedatascience.com.
Please allow 30 days for a response. Please also note that some information may be exempt from such requests in some situations, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for legitimate reasons or for legal compliance.
When making such as request, we require the following information to help verify your request and to protect our users from fraudulent requests:
- Email address associated with your records;
- Products and/or courses previously purchased;
- Approximate date of user account registration or user opt-in;
- Information you want to view and/or to be deleted;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that your request is truthful and that these are your records you would like to view and/or delete.
We also require the request to be sent using the same email address as the records, and we may require additional methods of verification in our discretion.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION