Hello, and welcome!
My name is David Ma and I'm the founder of EliteDataScience.com.
I started this company to address the growing demand for practical data science skills. We help analysts, developers, and students from various disciplines learn applied machine learning & data science.
I've been fortunate to have data science experience in both product development and business analysis roles:
- Data scientist for EliteDataScience.com
- Entrepreneur and value investor using machine learning aided strategies
Product development experience:
- Data scientist for a venture-backed machine learning studio
- Trained deep neural networks for a computer vision startup that later raised seed funding at a $15M valuation
Business analysis experience:
- Data scientist (strategy team) for a leading healthcare research and technology company
- Business consultant (big data analytics) serving Fortune 500 clients such as Walmart and Mastercard
- Statistics and C.S. from Harvard University
If you're just starting your journey in data science, my best advice is to "learn by doing."
Textbooks and lectures were great as references, but I never felt confident delivering real-world results until I started doing end-to-end projects.
Take it one step at a time. I know it may feel like there's a lot to learn, but it'll get much easier as you gain more practice.
Check out the resources we offer below, and I wish you the best.